I woke up early to be a volunteer photographer of the Heart & Sol 5K and Fun Run at
Reverchon Park
this morning. My very sweet friends Christina and Annie "hired" me to document this fun
Camp Sol event.
I have to admit, I was quite a stinker up front about the whole thing. I got an email from Christina on Wednesday while I was in Washington DC for an
ASAE Conference. I was tired from traveling and waking up at 4:45 am Texas time two mornings in a row. My first thought when I'm asked to do something is always "OMG do I have the energy and gumption to do this?!" I tend to freak out first, then consider the proposition or situation at hand. I have to thank my very patient friend waiting out the hurricane that is Candace and getting me to do this.
The Camp Sol event looked like a well oiled machine the whole way through. The emcee was fabulous, volunteers were engaged and friendly and things stayed on schedule. The T-shirts and signage looked great. There were extra activities for kiddos - crafts, a bounce house, sidewalk chalk and a group called "Pork and Beans" sang funny songs. A great job was done by all - and I'm so proud of my girlfriends for pulling off this fantastic event.
Anyhoo, here are some of the pictures I took. I truly had a good time doing this and hope the documentation lives up to expectations.
 |
| Registration |
 |
| What great event is complete without a clown?! |
 |
| Some Camp Sol swag |
 |
| Runners on your marks! |
 |
| Feet and legs |
 |
| At the start line |
 |
| And they're off! |
 |
| Spirited runners head down the Katy Trail |
 |
| Such a pretty trail in a pretty park. |
 |
| Now for the Fun Run |
 |
| I narrowly escaped the stampede. |
 |
| Many winners were awarded |
Thank you again to Christina for asking me to do things. I appreciate it and had a great time at this event.
No comments:
Post a Comment