Thursday evening -
After a sleet storm before dawn on Tuesday and 3 full days of below freezing temps, this is the frozen tundra that once was my back yard:
Friday morning -
Whoa. This is the second most snow we've seen since we've been in Dallas.
Geoff woke up at 4am to let Marty out. He came back to bed mentioning, "Oh yeah, its snowing." We got up to look out the front window together. The snow was falling with intensity and the street was long gone. I was too excited to go back to sleep so we watched part of a movie to settle down. I awoke at 8:30 feeling like I only got 3 hours of sleep. Hmm.
So far, we have a couple frozen pipes and a slight case of cabin fever. We video chatted with several of our friends this morning with our new webcam. I'm so glad Geoff is home now. He was gone Monday - Wednesday evening. I surely would have gone insane here by myself all this time.
Oh yeah, and I went to work for a few hours yesterday. I'm never driving with ice on the roads again. I slid across two lanes of traffic in one spot and landed two wheels up on a curb - that was on my way there... imagine the dread of getting back in the car to go home.
I'll leave you today with an awesome video that Geoff found. If you like Dazed and Confused at all, you'll love this: http://www.todaysbigthing.com/
No comments:
Post a Comment