I'm not a life multi-tasker. I am sharp enough to do many things at the same time, but I simply do not want to.
I write this morning from home. Yes, its a Thursday. Yes, that's a day that people usually go to work. I went to work yesterday and decided I had hit a wall. I felt my body shutting down and fatigue setting in and after a small breakdown in my boss's office, decided to clear my schedule for today. Its a curious thing - I just had a week off of work per Thanksgiving and a short vacation. Yet, in a quick 6 days I reached a point of burnout and overload.
I will work on a few things today at home, but am not going to completely plug in. I just don't have the interest or the energy.
I know the holidays have something to do with it. The stress of getting Christmas lists from people and sharing your own Christmas list - and quickly because there are only 10 -12 real shopping days left - and getting that shopping done is enough to drive anyone mad. I don't presently enjoy the holidays. I tend to not enjoy doing anything just for the sake of doing it. And that's what Christmas feels like these days. It feels purely obligatory.
In other news - my dogs smell and really need a bath. Putting that on the list of To-Do's for this weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment